There will stop extra trains at Zaandam CS during the Damloop by night. The start of the 5 Mile is in within walking distance of Zaandam CS.
Get a 20% discount when you buy the special Damloop Retour. You can use this ticket from every train station in the Netherlands.
Prepare your trip
We advise you to use the NS Travel Planner for complete traveling advice with the exact departures and arrivals. You can also buy an e-ticket online. On the road you can search for up-to-date information through m.ns.nl or download the NS app.
Due to the large number of participants, the organization advises you to travel by public transportation as much as possible. If you still wish to come by car, please be aware of traffic jams and the limited number of (paid) parking spaces. In this case, it is best to use the P+R location mentioned below . From here you can travel by train to Zaandam CS or Amsterdam CS.
1. P+R Industrial Area Hoogtij (Kleine Steng, 1551 ND Westzaan)
Park at this location and avoid the heavy traffic in Zaandam. From this location shuttle buses drive to the Dam tot Dam Park and the start in Amsterdam (10 Mile).
– Coming from the A7 before Zaandam take the direction of the A8. Take exit 1 at the A8 (Oostzaan/Zaandam-Zuid). From here, follow the signs Zaandam-Zuid and then the signs Hoogtij;
– Coming from the N203 and N246 follow the N246 in the direction of Westzaan and then the signs Westzaan-Zuid. You arrive directly at Hoogtij;
– Coming from the A9 you take exit 8 at the Wijkertunnel (Beverwijk/Bazaar/Zaanstad). Follow the N246. At Buitenhuizen keep driving in the direction of Zaandam/Westzaan-Zuid. You will arrive directly at Hoogtij.
Participants may use these buses before and after the run and the charge is included in the registration fee. Supporters may also use these buses free of charge. Shuttle buses will be used as follows:
From P+R Hoog Tij in Zaandam (Kleine Steng, 1551 ND Westzaan)
- From 18.00 to 20.30 to Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam (traveling time 12 to 15 minutes).
From Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam
- From 20.00 to 23.15 to NS-station Zaandam (traveling time is 10 to 12 minutes) + P+R Hoog Tij Zaandam (traveling time is 15 to 20 minutes).
Although there will be numerous buses, it may take a while before an empty bus arrives. We ask that you board in an orderly fashion and please do not push ahead of other people.